Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First day of dance school

Balloom dancing lessons finally started...
I think the last time I had dance lessons was in primary school, when I was in Chinese Dance (ohmygod, that feels like centuries ago..)

Anyway, I was really really nervous when I stepped into the studio and changed into my stockings ( I haven't worn those for ages..) Marco was a bundle of nerves himself as we looked at the other learning couples sway to their cha-cha music...


Turned out the couples that have registered just happened not to be able to make it for the 1st lesson so we had a private lesson on the waltz with instructor Robin..
Learning to listen to the music, basic footwork and looking the part was pretty heavy!
Marco has to train his arms more now to hold them up for ages.
And I need to remember all my lefts, rights, fronts, backs, heel-toe, toe-heel instructions
Looking forward to lessons though..
I feel graceful already.. haha.

No comments: