Friday, July 30, 2010

Patience

I admit I'm not exactly someone you'll describe as patient.
It may seem almost ironic since my line of work certainly requires an exceptional amount of patience from me.

These days I've been lazing at home, my patience has been unexpectedly put to the test.
Why?
Because my mum is learning Facebook.

My ideal afternoon involves me lazing on the sofa with a good book in hand, sipping Earl Grey Tea, with jazz music playing softly in the background.

While I never had much time to indulge like this during school term, these few weeks before I began on my new job seemed a perfect time for such self-indulgence. Well...or so I thought.

Every couple of minutes, mum would scream " Meimei!!! Why my facebook....", " Why I cannot add friends ah?" " How to reply my friend's message ah?".....  And I'll reluctantly run over to her room to troubleshoot. It's been almost a week now, and she throws me the same questions day after day.

While I wasn't exactly pleased to be torn away from my haven again and again, I told myself, mom was simply trying to pick up a new "skill", trying to keep up with the times, and catch up with a few old classmates.... I really feel 不孝 for feeling irritated, but sometimes I can't help it. So while it was hard to be all chirpy about it each time she called me in, I did try to explain her doubts in all ways I can, with hope that she'll finally understand. After all, I probably subjected her to the same torture throughout the years she brought me up. 

Sigh... there she goes again...

"I'm coming mum..."

(I really should try to be less grumpy....  I'll regret totally this one day...)

  

No comments: