Friday, October 27, 2006

happily-ever-after-wonders

Its raining again with loads of loud thunder and lighting flashes across the dark sky...
I guess I've always preferred such rainy days than sunny ones..
I like the breeze sweeping across my face...
I like holding a cup of hot chocolate in my hands, just daydreaming in my hostel room..



Was thinking of how people get more cynical as they grow up...
i believe in fairytales
i like how the prince and princess lives happily ever after and the bad guy gets pushed out of the picture
i guess that's why i switch off the telly when couples quarrel, or when the bad guys win..

But suddenly, it just struck me that no one believes in fairytales or happily-ever-after endings in this era anymore
Of course, there are those who do.
They are seen as idealistic or simply deemed as not ever being in a relationship before..
because those who have, most of them at least, have had their hearts broken enough not to believe in promises of forever and eternity.

Most of us crave intimacy and relationships that would last till the end of time
But there's always a fear inside us that makes us hold back from believing that what we want and dream of, is truly possible.
Some of my friends feel this way because of past experiences, others just lose faith from seeing other couples close to them go separate ways.

" wah! a few months already....you guys are still together ah"
" i think they'll last only only 3 months...the most 6..."
what happened to our faith in enduring relationships?

But it would be unfair to blame us for being so cynical.
We wouldn't even bat an eyelid when people informs us that someone in our social circle just broken up with his/her other half
common scenario, common news what.

It pains me to see people lock up their heart and throw the key away after getting their hearts broken, or seeing people get theirs broken.
Call me a hopeless romantic, but i totally believe in love.
i never stopped believing in it, despite getting my heart broken dozens of times.
Falling in and out of love may seem frivolous to others
Yet, who can see that i always put my heart in soul into loving someone. who can see my hurt when i get my heart broken... who will know the tears i've shed for the relationship i wished would work out...
People just assume i'm not the least affected because i fall in love again after some time.
so i'm deemed a frivolous woman.
but do they know
I'm just a woman who never stopped believing in love and happy fairytale endings...

No comments: