Sunday, October 15, 2006

the most amazing thing just happened

I've always believed I'm a very lucky girl..
Things always went the right way for me...
and although i've met with many little obstacles on the way... everything was still turned out ok for me =)
until friday.
friday the 13th of October..
i was at orchard with yihan...
elated that i finally got a chance to meet her and go shopping with her...
we ended up at isetan and i was trying to find a dress to wear to marco's P.O.P ceremony...
after several rounds of fitting, we decided to head somewhere for a drink...
and that's when i realised my phone wasn't in my backpocket
alarm bells rang violently in my head
my beloved chocolate phone wasn't around...
i searched desperately in my bag
but it was clear---it wasn't there.
whine.
i went up immediately, certain that i dropped it only moments ago...
but it wasn't in the fitting room
i was frantic
yihanwas tyring to calm me down
so i looked around that floor like a mad women, combing the ground and asking every saleslady whether they saw my new phone..
sighs..ending up making a report instead
all hopes seemed gone when yihan tried calling my number but ended up with a pathetic "please record your message after ...."
sighs
i was totally devastated
thinking how i would explain everything to my parents.
i was devastated by how my laptop crashed the other time...and how my phone got lost...
i was somehow convinced my luck had run out... and it kinda made me wanna cry.
so in desperation i sent a message using yihan's phone saying " i'm the owner of the phone and this phone is a very important gift to me. so please return it to me, i'm willing to compensate you in cash..."
sighs. no reply.
i was quite traumatised that marco won't be out this weekend to tell me what to do and solve my shit...but i still messaged him anyway. to my surprise, he actually didn't get confined afterall due to some miracle.
I was so thankful..i went straight to him.
He calmed me down...saying any problem that can be solved by money, isn't a problem..
so after much persuading, he convinced me to tell my parents about it..
so ...
i called my dad...

"papa i lost my phone!!!it dropped out of my jean's pocket at isetan :("

of all responses... he actually said...

"oh my god...got any videos or photos tt cannot be circulated not????"
-_-

"NO LAH PAPA!!!!! EVERYTHING'S DECENT!!!"

"orh..hehe"

anyway i cut off the line and my boyfriend managed to get me a spare samsung phone to use at the moment while daddy went to get my free replacement SIM card.
i was trying to control my anger...
silently hoping that if i don't curse the person if i don't scold the person...the person might return it to me...
i was telling myself maybe the person who picked it up is very poor and needed money to survive or something..
sighs..
so saturday survived with me still having to rush a sociology paper, which was given on friday night, despite my lousy mood...

lucky marco was there to go through all the thick bulk of books...and to edit my essay for me. once yesterday and once today ..i was simply too tired after rushing that research paper for that night... *thankful* i was starting to fill that i wasn't so "suay" afterall...
i had a nice boyfriend...and i finished my termpaper...

so i reached home and told papa i finished my termpaper and he went..
"orh..okay..let's have a celebration..."
he went into the room and took out a LG chocolate phone..
i thought he bought one for me because it was without the phone wrap and i was like "THANK YOU PAPA!!!!! OH MY GOD..."
then he told me:
" NOT NEW LAH! can you believe the person took the useless SIM card, took away the phone wrap and returned your phone?? its a miracle"
and i was like stunned !!!!
gosh. i'm so thankful. I'm so thankful.
although i lost all my numbers and nice photos...
although my nice phone wrap's gone..
but my phone's HOME!!!

The more I think of it..the more i'm convinced i'm a very blessed woman.
*thankful*

No comments: