Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Love.

A visit to the mentally challenged association home of my "buddy" has made me feel all the love with the world *beams*

I was supposed to have lunch with my buddy Sharon and I found her with her whole company of friends...
everyone was pretty welcoming and i was soon swamped with a whole group of people from the centre whom asked me who I was, talked to me about my life, where I lived and all that.They were also really generous with their compliments. " you're so pretty", " your necklace is so beautiful" or "i like the hair!"...i felt beautiful and very loved within minutes.

I haven't felt that way for a long long time...
it was just amazing how this group of people interacted with each other. and the things they do that make you laugh.

they're very happy people despite their disabilities and being in their company makes you pretty happy too..

Practially plucked me off reality for that one hour-- it was so surreal to be back in a world where you worry about so different things..
They spent the time telling me about the things that made them happy..and they were talking about the scoldings they get from teachers. i felt like i was in primary school...those carefree days..

oh yah! this girl was AMAZING!! she took out like a few SK II masks and started distributing the masks to her friend and put one on herself. she was generous enough to pose for me too =) everyone was saying she's a ghost or something but she insisted she wanted to make her face pretty.
ohman! Can you believe she went off to kick soccer with the guys in that! :P


Love's all around isn't it?
You just have to look around for it.
Some friends I know call me so often and tell me how unloved they are.. how they feel abandoned, how they don't believe in love anymore.
I feel hurt everyone someone i know gives up on love
because love is uplifting, its beautiful, and it just needs time to grow and develop
Look at my buddy and her "darling"... (apparently they all have "darlings" there..)
One call and the guy would come running from his soccer game or his meal to get stuff for the girl. the girl left for merely a few minutes and one guy missed her so much he called her handphone..
another guy asked his "darling" to marry him and announced their wedding to everyone, who burst out in claps and hoots of laughter.

Anyway, my buddy's darling was really sweet.. he was whispering into her ears... getting drinks for her..worrying about this about her and that about her.
Those moments really captivated me.. and made me see love again.
it was only a mere hour of dining with all of them, but i've felt all love in all forms.
Don't ever give up on love people! =)
I still love you, whoever,wherever you all are! *hugs*

think i wanna pick up sign language so i can volunteer at the association of the deaf too =) spread the love eh? =)

No comments: